Orthodontist Miami Gardens, Fl.
Looking for orthodontic braces and or Invisalign in Miami Gardens? Please allow us to introduce ourselves, we are Lakes Orthodontics, an orthodontic braces and Invisalign specialist located at 8024 NW 154th Street Miami Lakes, Fl. 33016. Before you say well that is too far let us show you why so many patients from Aventura, Pembroke Pines, Miramar, and Doral choose Lakes Orthodontics and how we have become the #1 orthodontist in North Miami.
If you don’t believe us, then please check out our reviews. The fact is we are just 5-10 minutes away from North Miami, and even the Golden Gates intersection. Not only are we one of the top rated orthodontic practices in the area but Dr. Carmen Briceño Crespi is the only board certified orthodontist in North Miami!
At Lakes Orthodontics, we provide orthodontic services that include traditional metal braces as well as Invisalign to kids, teens, and adults throughout Miami-Dade and Broward County. We are proud to be the practice of choice for patients as from Fort Lauderdale all the way to the Florida Keys. At Lakes Orthodontics, we accept a grand majority of dental insurance and have flexible payment options as well. Not getting the very best orthodontic treatment for you, your kids or your entire family no longer exists. Give us a call at (305) 820-6800 and one of our friendly team members will set you up with a no obligation, free consultation.
At Lakes Orthodontics, we provide orthodontic services that include traditional metal braces as well as Invisalign to kids, teens, and adults throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, and Monroe County and accept a grand majority of dental insurance along with flexible payment options. Not getting the very best orthodontic treatment for you, your kids or your entire family no longer out of reach. Give us a call at (305) 820-6800 and one of our friendly team members will set you up with a no obligation, free consultation.
At Lakes Orthodontics, we employ the latest in technology. This means that not only will your braces and Invisalign treatment take less time but you can be sure that it will be done right the first time. Dr. Briceño Crespi is not only a board certified orthodontist member of the American Board of Orthodontics but also an award-winning member of the American Association of Orthodontists, American Dental Association, and the Florida Dental Association. She is the recipient of the prestigious Milo Hellman Award, a research award from the American Association of Orthodontists, which recognizes the most meritorious research paper submitted by a resident in a graduate orthodontics program in the U.S. and Canada.
Top Rated Miami Orthodontist Dr. Carmen Briceño Crespi
Probably on of the top question we get at Lakes Orthodontics is – How Much Do Braces Cost in Miami? While the cost of braces in Miami may fluctuate between practices, choosing an orthodontist based only on price is not only dangerous but can end up costing patients more money, time and aggravation! It is always important to understand treatment details such as the time and cost of an average procedure but please be careful not to fall victim to outrageous “low-cost” claims of some of these ads.
That being said before you go search for “cheap braces in Miami” let us give you some facts about getting braces for you and your kids.
Fact #1 – While all orthodontists are dentist, not all dentist are an orthodontist. Study wise it takes almost twice as long to become an orthodontist than a general dentist. Those orthodontists, who become board certified have to endure an even longer period of specialized training. Therefore if you want the best for you and your family then make sure that Doctor that is providing you with your braces or Invisalign is a board certified orthodontist which can be easily verified at https://www.americanboardortho.com/portal/public/
Fact #2 – It is irresponsible to advertise a fixed cost for braces, Invisalign and orthodontic services in general without a consultation. No two orthodontic cases are exactly the same. Therefore it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to estimate the treatment details: cost, time of treatment, types of options available, etc. with any level of accuracy. These treatment features are paramount to understand, and the details should be discussed in a consultation with a qualified orthodontist. 90% of the time the fine print on the ad reads: “starting from” and almost 100% of the time it ends up ballooning to a substantial amount higher than what is being advertised. Don’t be fooled by cheap advertising!
Fact #3 – An inexperienced dentist can cause permanent damage to your teeth. It is not rare to have patients walk into our office after having had braces on their teeth for 3-5years and experienced no positive result. This is outright irresponsible, and a telltale sign of an inexperienced practitioner. Some of these patients may eventually lose some teeth due to permanent damage to the roots or have discoloration of their teeth. As previously stated, orthodontics is a specialty requiring additional years of training after becoming a dentist and not something you can learn on YouTube or in a weekend seminar at a convention.
The moral of the story is one that you have read about and seen on TV repeatedly. Time after time people continue to fall victims to false advertising and end up paying 2 to 3 times more than what was promised in an ad or commercial. The truth is that regardless of what anyone advertises in a commercial or on a flyer if something sounds too good to be true then it probably is. As life continues to teach us, in the end, you get what you pay for. So stop looking for magical offers or Groupon’s that advertise ridiculous things like a Ferrari for $500. Instead, make your decisions on the things that matter most such as experience, quality, and proven results. At Lakes Orthodontics we pride ourselves in being 100% family owned and operated with 5-star reviews from our satisfied patients. We are N.W. Miami Dade’s only board certified orthodontic specialist with 1000’s of cases of proven experience. So beware of false advertising and empty promises and remember that if you are looking for cheap braces in Miami get ready to pay more in the long run.
Furthermore, If you are looking for the top rated Orthodontists in Miami, give us a call for a free no obligation consultation with an award-winning, board certified orthodontist in Miami.
Is your Kid’s smile causing them to get bullied?
No parent ever wants his or her child to experience bullying. Unfortunately, bullying is a reality for the majority of children in America as 60% of children report seeing or experiencing bullying on a daily basis! In fact, Dosomething.org reports that over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying in the United States each year.
What do bullies look for in their victims?
Did you know that when bullies choose someone to bully they have three main physical characteristics that they look for to choose their victim:
- Strength (physical strength and appearance)
Teeth are the #1 targeted physical feature that will increase a child’s chance to get bullied. Parents should be proactive in helping to ensure that their kid’s teeth are healthy by teaching them the importance of good oral hygiene and taking their children to see a dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings.
Five tips for parents that are concerned with bullying:
- Educate your children on the changes that are taking place with their teeth during childhood. Many kids lose their baby teeth and feel that they look weird or different. Have your dentist or orthodontist explain the process of the changes in their teeth to your children if you do not feel confident in your explanation.
- Show your kids your pictures or other family members when you lost your teeth or had braces. You are your kid’s hero and if they see that you went through the same issues that they are going through then this should make them feel better about themselves. If not, then Google search photos of some of their favorite actors or musicians and see if you can find some before and after photos of their teeth and show them that even famous people had to go through the same changes as them.
- Take your child to see an orthodontist by the age of 7. The American Association of Orthodontics (AAO) has determined that the age of 7 is the perfect age to take your child for their first visit to see an orthodontist. This will help you and your child to listen to the opinion of a specialist and determine if your child’s teeth and jaw are developing correctly. Most children will not need treatment at the age of 7 but it will create peace of mind for both you and your child. Also, if your child does need early interceptive treatment this can often help them to correct issues that would have been much worse in the future. Not only can this potentially help with bullying but in many cases this can also save the discomfort and expense of future surgeries or much worse long-term effects.
- Ask your orthodontist to show your child before and after photos of other kids that had similar issues. This will reassure your child that they are not alone and that plenty of other kids went through the same thing that they are going through which is reassuring and should boost confidence.
- If you suspect that your child’s confidence and self-esteem are being affected by their smile/teeth then try to speak to the orthodontist in private prior to your first visit with your child. Often times an orthodontist can help to uncover issues that you did not even know were affecting your kid. Some of the major issues that should be warning signs that your child may be the victim of being bullied or teased are over jetting of flaring teeth (bucked teeth), speech difficulties or a lisp, severe under bite or overbite, asymmetrical growth of the jaw (jaw is not growing in-line with the center of the face), as well as several other issues that can and should be diagnosed by an orthodontist. In order to make sure that you choose the best orthodontist for your child make sure that you visit the ABO website and look up the closest board certified orthodontist in your area.