Orthodontic Service Near Opa-Locka, FL.
In case you have not noticed, when you search Google for an orthodontist in Opa-Locka, there are none to be found. Why? Well, that is beyond us! The fact is that at Lakes Orthodontics we treat hundreds of patients from the Opa-Locka area on an annual basis and we are happy to do so. Yes, we are aware of the stigma associated with the city, but that is a political thing. At Lakes Orthodontics, we believe that everyone deserves to smile with confidence and we look forward to helping you achieve that goal!
Dr. Carmen Briceño Crespi at Lakes Orthodontics is an experienced award winning orthodontist that has helped over 10,000 patients to achieve a beatiful smile. Dr. Crespi not only has the experience that you are looking for but she is also the only board certified orthodontic specialist in the area (please check out www.americanboardoforthodontics.com). Does this make us more expensive? Not at all. In fact, we have several payment plans for our families to choose from including interest free payment plans that help families to pick the right plan for their budget without having to pay extra for the convenience. We also accept most PPO insurance plans as well as HSA, FSA, and offer financing through Care Credit and Lending Club. In many cases, our patients can set up a payment plan with a monthly payment as low as $100!
Don’t be fooled by ads for cheap braces in Miami. More than likely, all you are getting is cheaper service and treatment from someone that is not qualified to help you get the beautiful smile that you deserve. Your smile is with you everyday for the rest of your life! Make sure you choose an orthodontist that specializes in helping you to align your teeth and have a beautiful smile.
Now that we have settled the number one obstacle of why many people don’t get braces for themselves or their kids; let’s talk about why you should consider Lakes Orthodontist as for all your orthodontic treatments. For starters, Dr. Crespi is an ABO certified orthodontist; this means she has about twice the qualification of a general dentist and is the most qualifeid specialist to treat your orthodontic needs. It is also good to point out that while many dentists who offer products such as Invisalign and call themselves cosmetic dentist are simply a general dentist. The popular ” cosmetic dentist ” designation is one that is self-assigned because there is no such specialty sanctioned by the American Dental Association. On the other hand, an orthodontist is a dental specialist who has taken the required extra curriculum, training, and certification to prescribe orthodontic treatments. Therefore, if you need braces or Invisalign then make sure you go to the smile specialist, Lakes Orthodontics and smile with confidence.
How do I know if I should choose braces or Invisalign to fix my teeth?
My name is Alex Crespi and I am the proud co-founder of Lakes Orthodontics. I have the privilege of working with my beautiful wife who just so happens to be an award winning orthodontic specialist, Dr. Carmen Briceño Crespi. Together we have helped over 11,000 people to raise their self-esteem and achieve a beautiful smile through our orthodontic treatments such as braces and Invisalign. One of the most exciting parts of my career is to be able to sit down with patients and listen to their story and help them to find a solution to fix their smile.
One of the most frequent questions that I get from our adult patients has to do with helping them to decide on which type of treatment they should choose. I often hear, “OK Alex, I know that I want to fix my teeth but how do I know if I should choose braces or Invisalign?” This isn’t always a simple choice as there are several things to consider when choosing your treatment type.
How to choose between braces or Invisalign?
First of all, are you a candidate for Invisalign? Many times patients will come into our office and want to have Invisalign treatment to fix their teeth. However, before we prescribe Invisalign, we always have to make sure that the patient would be best treated with Invisalign. We have to make sure that we can accomplish our treatment goals with Invisalign prior to offering the treatment. In order to make sure that Invisalign treatment is possible we take a quick exam and X-ray in the office. This allows us to be 100% certain that we are offering you the best solution to fix your smile and accomplish your goals.
If you are in fact a candidate for Invisalign, the next question should be do prefer to use braces or Invisalign. The reason to choose one treatment over the other should be based on what you feel will work best for your lifestyle and budget as well as the level of involvement/responsibility that you want to take on with your treatment. I have listed some of the pros and cons to both braces and Invisalign to help you make your decision.
Why choose Invisalign over braces:
- Appearance – Invisalign is clear and virtually unnoticeable to other people. Your appearance will stay almost identical, as you will not have braces on your teeth.
- Eating – You will eat exactly the same way that you do not with Invisalign as you simply take off the aligners to eat your food. Braces can make eating a bit more tedious.
- Hygiene – Cleaning your teeth with Invisalign is exactly the same as cleaning your teeth right now. You simply take off the aligners to brush , floss and rinse your teeth.
- Comfort – No wires or braces in your mouth makes Invisalign more comfortable as nothing is rubbing against your lips or cheeks.
- No risk of injury playing sports – Invisalign is definitely safer for athletes as there is no risk of having metal braces that can potentially cut the lips or cheeks if there is an impact.
- No emergency appointments for broken braces – Many patients and parents like that Invisalign does not have emergency appointments for broken braces or appliances.
Why choose braces over Invisalign:
- Less daily responsibility – Patients wearing braces do not have to worry about taking them off and putting them back on as they have to do with Invisalign. Once the braces are put on the teeth they are doing their job and moving your teeth towards the final position. Invisalign only works when it is on your teeth and not wearing them for enough time (22 hours per day) can delay treatment results.
- No opportunity for losing aligners and delaying results – Losing or misplacing your Invisalign aligners can slow down your treatment results and cause delays in your overall treatment time.
- Not having to take Invisalign on and off frequently for eating and drinking – Many patients say that although they have to be a bit more cautious when eating and drinking with braces they still prefer braces over Invisalign because they can eat and drink most things without having to take off their braces. With Invisalign, you have to take off the aligners when eating or drinking (except water) which can become frustrating.
- Parents like to have control over their kids treatment – Many parents prefer braces over Invisalign as it takes away the opportunity for their kids to be non-compliant. “How will I know if my son or daughter is actually wearing the aligners?”
- Braces are more effective for complex issues – Although Invisalign has made great advancements in tooth movement technology, braces can accomplish more complex movements than Invisalign.
I hope that this information was helpful in clearing up some of the differences in both braces and Invisalign. It is important to remember that regardless of which type of treatment you prefer you should always start your process by getting the opinion of an orthodontic specialist. A board certified orthodontist has years of specialized training and experience and can help you to understand your options and get a proper diagnoses. To find a board certified orthodontist near you simply use the orthodontic locator tool found on the ABO website.
If you are in or near Miami Florida then simply visit us, (address here) or call 305-820-6800 and schedule your free initial exam and X-ray today. Contact Lakes Orthodontics and always remember to smile with confidence!