Will my insurance cover the cost of my braces or Invisalign? Insurance can be a very overwhelming subject for most people to understand. After all, there are so many details that go into deciding if your insurance will actually cover the cost of your braces or Invisalign treatment. Some of the most frequently confused topics are HMO vs. PPO, deductibles, age limits, annual benefit vs. lifetime benefit, medically necessary vs. cosmetic, etc…
At Lakes Orthodontics we understand that dental insurance can often time be confusing which is why we have a highly trained professional staff that is dedicated to helping you understand your dental insurance benefits. We want to help you become aware of some of the basic concepts that will determine your insurance eligibility.
Top 10 questions and considerations regarding insurance for your braces or Invisalign:
- What type of treatment are you looking to have: braces, Invisalign, etc.
- How long is your procedure (2 months, 6 months, 2 years, etc.)?
- What is the cause of the treatment (medically necessary due to pain, a traumatic injury, or something considered cosmetic)?
- Is your insurance a PPO or an HMO?
- Does it specifically state that your insurance has an orthodontic benefit?
- Is there an orthodontic benefit for the policyholder as well as dependents?
- Are there any age limits on your policy?
- Will the policy cover you if you are already in treatment?
- What if you already had orthodontic treatment before as a child?
- What happens if you change jobs/insurance in the middle of treatment?
My point here is that dental insurance can be very complex, and you should always consult with your insurance professional in order to review your benefits and coverage. Lakes Orthodontics not only accepts most major dental PPO plans but our staff reviews your insurance plan with you at the initial consultation and makes sure that they explain your details and help you get the maximum benefit from your insurance carrier.
Here is a list of a few of the major insurance companies that are accepted at Lakes Orthodontics:
- Delta Dental
- United Concordia
- United Healthcare
Please contact us today to schedule a complimentary consultation and insurance review so that we can help you to Smile with Confidence!