Braces for Kids
We’re not all born with perfect teeth! So don’t worry if your kid’s teeth are not perfectly straight. Dr. Briceno Crespi is a specialist in orthodontic treatment for kids and is an authority on early childhood orthodontic procedures. In fact, Dr. Briceno Crespi was awarded the title of faculty board member of Miami Children’s Hospital dental program where she teaches specialty of children’s orthodontics.
Braces for Teens
Many parents and their teens get anxiety just thinking of adding braces into the emotional and physical roller coaster of adolescence. Not to worry, at Lakes Orthodontics we offer you the latest and “coolest” ways to straighten teeth and have a beautiful smile. Starting with products like Invisalign Teen, Clear Braces, and even colorful braces options for teens who want to express their individual style, while wearing braces.
Braces for Adults
Many adults think that braces are for kids and that they would “look ridiculous” if they wore braces. Many adults used to have this mindset but did you know that there are more adults in orthodontic treatment now than ever before? There are so many options available now for adults to improve their smile that are less noticeable than traditional metal or ceramic braces such as Invisalign and clear braces…
Orthodontist – Braces Specialist in Miami, Fl.
Thank you for visiting the website of Lakes Orthodontics. We specialize in helping children, teens, and adults smile with confidence. We are a family owned and operated orthodontic practice in Miami specializing in the latest technologies such as self-ligating brackets, temporary anchorage devices, metal and clear braces, Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, as well as soft tissue lasers. Our practice is located in the heart of beautiful Miami Lakes, FL and we serve patients from both Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Lakes Orthodontics is a unique combination of the absolute highest level of orthodontic treatment with a very relaxed family friendly atmosphere. Patients are always welcomed with a smile by our friendly and informative team and all diagnoses and treatments are performed by the award-winning orthodontic specialist, Dr. Carmen Briceño Crespi.
Dr. Briceno Crespi is an authority in orthodontics as she is a board certified orthodontic specialist (ABO, AAO, FAO) who graduated #1 in her dental class at UF and excelled in her specialty throughout her career. She has received various awards for excellence in orthodontics on the state and national level and she has the honor of being an attending faculty member at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital (Miami CHildren’s Hospital).
We are confident that you will feel comfortable and absolutely love your entire experience here at Lakes Orthodontics from your very first visit. Please feel free to navigate our website and learn more about our team and treatment options. Remember that your beautiful smile is only a click or phone call away so sign up today for your complimentary orthodontic consultation.
First of all , I found this business through google reviews and I was very impressed by what I read. Let me just say this business is everything you read, plus more.. The staff is friendly, the pricing was affordable, and the service so far has been outstanding. I really appreciate how quickly they take care of you the minute you walk in the door. Your wait time will literally be under 10/15 minutes. The office is very clean and the location is very easy to find. I would definitely recommend this place if your are looking for braces. Great choice!
From the moment I went in for a consultation to getting my braces put on, this office is AMAZING!!!! The staff as well as the doctor are superb and I highly recommend this company not only for their fast service, but for there accuracy and availability when needed....
I had a wonderful experience at Lakes Orthodontics. They fixed my teeth before my wedding and I am so happy with the results. Dr. Briceno Crespi and staff are very professional and they provide an excellent service. I definitely recommend this to anyone that wants to improve their smile and confidence.
Is your Kid’s smile causing them to get bullied?
No parent ever wants his or her child to experience bullying. Unfortunately, bullying is a reality for the majority of children in America as 60% of children report seeing or experiencing bullying on a daily basis! In fact, Dosomething.org reports that over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying in the United States each year.
What do bullies look for in their victims?
Did you know that when bullies choose someone to bully they have three main physical characteristics that they look for to choose their victim:
- Strength (physical strength and appearance)
Teeth are the #1 targeted physical feature that will increase a child’s chance to get bullied. Parents should be proactive in helping to ensure that their kid’s teeth are healthy by teaching them the importance of good oral hygiene and taking their children to see a dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings.
Five tips for parents that are concerned with bullying:
- Educate your children on the changes that are taking place with their teeth during childhood. Many kids lose their baby teeth and feel that they look weird or different. Have your dentist or orthodontist explain the process of the changes in their teeth to your children if you do not feel confident in your explanation.
- Show your kids your pictures or other family members when you lost your teeth or had braces. You are your kid’s hero and if they see that you went through the same issues that they are going through then this should make them feel better about themselves. If not, then Google search photos of some of their favorite actors or musicians and see if you can find some before and after photos of their teeth and show them that even famous people had to go through the same changes as them.
- Take your child to see an orthodontist by the age of 7. The American Association of Orthodontics (AAO) has determined that the age of 7 is the perfect age to take your child for their first visit to see an orthodontist. This will help you and your child to listen to the opinion of a specialist and determine if your child’s teeth and jaw are developing correctly. Most children will not need treatment at the age of 7 but it will create peace of mind for both you and your child. Also, if your child does need early interceptive treatment this can often help them to correct issues that would have been much worse in the future. Not only can this potentially help with bullying but in many cases this can also save the discomfort and expense of future surgeries or much worse long-term effects.
- Ask your orthodontist to show your child before and after photos of other kids that had similar issues. This will reassure your child that they are not alone and that plenty of other kids went through the same thing that they are going through which is reassuring and should boost confidence.
- If you suspect that your child’s confidence and self-esteem are being affected by their smile/teeth then try to speak to the orthodontist in private prior to your first visit with your child. Often times an orthodontist can help to uncover issues that you did not even know were affecting your kid. Some of the major issues that should be warning signs that your child may be the victim of being bullied or teased are over jetting of flaring teeth (bucked teeth), speech difficulties or a lisp, severe under bite or overbite, asymmetrical growth of the jaw (jaw is not growing in-line with the center of the face), as well as several other issues that can and should be diagnosed by an orthodontist. In order to make sure that you choose the best orthodontist for your child make sure that you visit the ABO website and look up the closest board certified orthodontist in your area.